Partner, National Cyber Lead, KPMG
Martijn established and led KPMG UK’s cyber security business for their largest corporate clients between 2016 and 2021 and is now KPMG Australia’s Management Consulting Head of Cyber Security. He led and delivered over 100 cyber security engagements for KPMG’s largest clients across the globe, both in an advisory as in an auditing capacity. A selection of his experience includes:
• Booking.com – the world’s largest travel vertical and Europe’s largest dotcom, operating across 70 countries. Martijn has been acting as their interim Chief Risk Officer and leading their multi-year risk transformation programme, spanning financial, regulatory, technology and cyber risk.
• National Grid – a multi-national electricity and gas utility company that operates across the UK and US. Martijn and his team are, together with their CISO, transforming their cyber function from individual, silo-ed teams into an integrated cyber services organisation based on lean and agile engineering principles. The scope of the transformation covers enterprise technologies and critical national infrastructure.
• Coca Cola EuroPacific Partners – the world’s largest independent Coca Cola bottler operating across twelve countries, where Martijn developed and supported the implementation of their cyber security strategy, spanning both enterprise and operational technology in their manufacturing plants.
• Royal bank of Scotland Group – led the group’s cyber IAM transformation programme, with the aim to reduce cyber security risks for their ‘crown jewel’ systems and meeting regulatory requirements.
• UBS Investment Bank & Group Technology – led multiple cyber security transformation engagements across UBS, with a focus on reducing rogue trader risks and operational expenditure.
• Shell – led various cyber security engagements as part of their transformation programme, with a focus on efficiency and reducing cyber security risks across all divisions.
• DPD – whilst at Locals, led the delivery of the new ‘YourDPD’ app and push service to improve DPD’s last mile delivery success rate and reduce yearly multi-million GBP spent on SMS costs, powered by Localz technology.
— Sector: Deep industry expertise in financial services and corporates sectors, including banking, technology, manufacturing and critical national infrastructure.
— Launched the successful European business of a multi-award winning Australian start-up called Localz whilst on a career break from KPMG between 2014 and 2016.